Hello everyone! Long time no post! lol I apologize in advance for the length of this one, but I don't have time to sit down and write all the events out in separate posts over the course of a few days so it's gonna be a jumble! So first off, let me finish where I left off with our Tennessee trip! The last day had some of the most breathtaking photos!!
Sunday September 19th Michael and I sadly checked out of the Bed & Breakfast, but before we did we obviously got a few more pictures ;)
 |
| Our new friends! |
 |
| Are you sure that's apple juice?? ;) |
 |
| Hummingbirds!!! |
We left the inn and headed straight for Gatlinburg! After some crazy traffic in what Michael calls "Psycho Valley" (aka Pigeon Forge lol) we finally made it!
 |
| Modeling for fall :) |
 |
| Cute little set-up!! Love the rake-head scarecrows! |
 |
| Michael was getting violent in mini-golf lol!! |
We spent a few hours in Gatlinburg shopping, eating, and playing mini-golf in the shade! We would have loved to take the lifts up the side of the mountain, but it was like 100 degrees and they were in the direct sunlight so we opted for the cooler golf course :) ha! The drive home was magnificent- through the Great Smoky Mountain National Park! We sure did have some adventures along the way (as you will see) and got some fantastic pictures!!!
 |
| Beautiful clouds!! |
 |
| Behold the Glory of our amazing God!! |
 |
| :) |
 |
| I have been here before!! Wierd! |
 |
| Met some crazy biker friends ;) lol |
Those are our biker friends! There was actually about 20 of them which was pretty intimidating but they were all nice! I was posing for a picture by myself and the guy came up and said, "you have to get a picture with me so you can tell everyone back home you met a crazy biker man!!" LOL Featured below is what I believe to be the best picture of the trip:
 |
| Michael with his biker chick! |
Yes folks that is Michael, and he looks a bit nervous don't you think? ;) I love her leg up on the sign- best part haha!!!
Well our wonderful weekend was over, but that doesn't mean that the fun came to a stop!!
On the following Friday I had my first interview with what would become my new NP position, and afterwards I stopped by Michael's work to say hi. Out popped Jordan!!!!! He had flown up from Jax all by himself to surprise me for my birthday :))))) We went to lunch at Olive Garden, then came back to the apartment to relax. Apparently Mr. Long had decided to pull an all-nighter the night before to play video games, so he was pretty exhausted....
 |
| Napping hard! |
After a 3 hour nap and waiting for Michael to get home, the three amigos proceeded to go to Tijuana Joes for dinner!
 |
| My favorite brotha!!! |
The next day we decided to go to Six Flags! Here are a few highlights from the day:
 |
| The boys, making a plan of attack! |
 |
| I love the girl on the left, smiling for my picture too! lol |
 |
| Waiting in line for Goliath, which I will never ride again ha |
 |
Someone got scared on the ride! LOL looks like
I didn't tighten the cap on my water bottle
before he put it in his pocket... |
 |
| On the sky buckets!! |
 |
| They are gonna ride the Ninja! |
 |
| ^-------------here they are.............. |
 |
| :) |
 |
Michael getting in trouble by the security man for stepping over
the fence of course! |
 |
Looking good! Except the old man who took this picture couldn't
compensate for Jordan's height I guess lol! |
 |
| I think they like it! |
 |
| Riding the Batman ride woot! |
And what visit from Jordan would be complete without a trip to Dairy Queen??
We made this particular DQ run in under 10 minutes- from the apartment to the mall and then in & out of the mall in under 7 minutes!!! We got there at 8:53 and they were already starting to lock doors- but we ran in, got the goods, and got out of there!! That is years of "DQ run"-knowledge put to work ladies and gentlemen!! haha :)
On Sunday we went to First Baptist Church of Atlanta, and then went out to eat at Outback!!
 |
| Love him! |
 |
| I have the best brother in the whole world!!!!!!!!!! :))))) |
Thank you for coming to see me Jordan!! It was a great suprise and made me very happy! I love you so much and miss you!!!
The next weekend, Michael & I went to Melting Pot for the first time in Atlanta!! There was a deal running and we also were able to get free chocolate fondue because I had a birthday coupon!! :)
 |
| Excited to be out in downtown Atlanta! |
 |
| Cheeeeese!! |
 |
| I love the bear claw plate!! |
 |
| I think this is love! lol |
 |
They even brought me a special birthday plate!! Blowing out
my candle :) |
 |
| So tasty-licious! |
 |
| Thanks honey ;) |
 |
| Way different than the melting pot in Gainesville! So urban! |
 |
Walking around...the Fox Theatre is like a block
away, which explains why this melting pot offers
many dinner & a play deals!! |
 |
| Baby, it's cold outside :) |
 |
| So proud of my dress that I got for $4 :) |
Anytime you go to the Melting Pot, you are pretty much in a coma for the rest of the night!!! I'm surprised we survived lol. Thanks to my darling for being so spontaneous (on a thursday night!) and going out downtown :) It was amazing!!
Friday night we went to a Braves game vs. the Phillies!!
 |
| lookin' good! |
 |
| Being silly :) |
 |
| Stealing my sweater!! And I thought he never got cold... |
 |
| Go Hammer!!! lol |
 |
So, I had to take a picture of this on the way home. Still don't
know why there is a stone statue of a squirrel in downtown Atlanta.
Will someone enlighten me please? lol |
Even though the Braves lost, it was still an awesome night of entertainment and a good chance to bond with my hubby via "recreational companionship"!!! LOL
Sooooo the NEXT weekend (this is getting redundant ha!) we went to visit our favorite married couple in Gainesville! ;)
Friday night we went to the
Ivy House, which is an amazing restaurant in Alachua! It's only about 20 minutes north of Gainesville and was so delish!!
 |
| Host & Hostess!! :) |
 |
| So excited! Awesome restaurant! |
 |
| Great salad... |
 |
| Even greater main dish!!!!!! yummm |
After dinner we came back and watched Date Night, which is a great movie by the way!
Saturday was Gator game day!!! Which is serious business! We were awakened by the smell of fresh waffles, baked by our amazing hostess!
 |
| Breakfast! Check out that stack of waffles!! |
After breakfast we bummed around the apartment for a while, then headed out to campus! We were getting hungry before the game, so Michael (through his magical powers and help from a friend's Dad) got us into the O'dome for the Gator Booster dinner! We were hanging with the rich folk LOL
 |
| Sausage with Sarah & Sophia!!!! Triple S time lol |
Then it was time for the game! Woot woot!
 |
| Strike a pose :) |
 |
| Phi Lamb sisters!! |
 |
| The whole group |
 |
| Game face on! |
 |
| Game crew! :) |
 |
| Not sure I like the uniforms- looks a little too much like Clemson! |
 |
| There's my man!! lol |
 |
| Action shot! |
Although the outcome was incredibly disappointing, the game was still super fun and we enjoyed it very much!! Go GATORS!!! :)
The next day we slept in and then went to Las Margaritas of course! Fave mexican restaurant :)
Thank you so much Mr. & Mrs. Chaplin!! We had a great time :) Come visit us soon!!
So as most of you know, I have accepted a Nurse Practitioner position at Peachtree Neurological Clinic in Buckhead! I will be rounding on their neurological in-patients at Piedmont Hospital! Michael cooked me an awesome dinner the day that I accepted the job....
 |
| Delicious!! Thanks babe :) |
And of course, I took some pictures on my "first day" as a Nurse Practitioner!!! =D
 |
| Proud to be a NP :) |
 |
| yeah girl! |
 |
| Gangsta! |
 |
| Off to work! |
I am super excited about beginning my professional career :))))
After my first week of work (on our 5 month anniversary!) Michael and I went out to eat somewhere we have never been- Brio Tuscan Grille! It was very tasty and a great experience...needless to say I think I have found a new fave!
 |
| Bruschetta sample- 5 different kinds! And for free---I love coupons!! |
 |
| Happy 5 month!! :) |
 |
| Oh yeahhhhhh! |
 |
| They gave us free champagne because we are "newlyweds" :) |
It was an amazing night, probably one of the best dinner experiences I have had in a while-besides Melting Pot of course :). And the best thing is, it is right around the corner!! Happy 5 months sweetheart :)
Last weekend we decided (through much prayer) to join First Baptist Church of Atlanta! They are so serious when you join Baptist churches, I felt like I was being quizzed lol! They take you into this little back room, split you up and ask a bunch of questions! To become true members we now have to take an 8 week course on Sunday mornings. Hopefully we can get "plugged in" to some volunteer activities there! Looking forward to finally calling a church "home" :)
So I figured the last part of this blog post (seeing as it has been super random anyway!) would be a few pictures of recent life activities and new holiday apartment decorations!
 |
Atlanta Phi Lambs!!! :) Kemi, Erin & I at La Madeleine French
Bakery & Cafe! We had a great time...must do it again soon! |
 |
| Thank you to everyone for the birthday wishes :)))) Love you all! |
 |
| My cute scarecrows! Thanks Kay :) |
 |
| Halloweeeeeeen! |
Well it sure has been an interesting month, and I hope you all enjoyed reading my in-depth and extremely random post! Hopefully I can keep on top of these a little better so it won't be so overwhelming next time lol! Have a great weekend everyone! :) Love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment