Yesterday would have been the 85th birthday of an amazing Godly man,
John Robert Wiggins [Michael's Grandaddy]
These are just a few pictures from our wedding of Grandaddy
[& his "bride" :) ]
Almost every time I saw Grandaddy, he would remind me that
"the best is yet to come"
[I had always taken this to mean that we should be looking forward with optimism and joy towards the end of our earthly lives, as that meant we would be beginning our eternal ones with Jesus :)
...a message so fitting for his life!]
I can only imagine what Grandaddy's face must have looked like as he saw his savior in PERSON for the very first time!!
All in all, John Wiggins was an optimistic, content, righteous, encouraging man of God, who always had something inspiring to say.
I believe the best thing we can do in remembrance of Grandaddy is to be the light of Jesus to the world [as he was].
Rest in peace Grandaddy! We will see you again one day...
John Robert Wiggins
1/11/27-12/26/11



No comments:
Post a Comment