While my Mom was here we went to a new place to eat called La Madeleine French Bakery and Cafe!! It was sooo good!! They had some of the best blackberry and strawberry jelly ever- and it was homemade!!
![]() |
| Here we are, eating outside at La Madeleine! We like to watch people walk by :) |
On a more random note, my Mom sent me this picture when she was driving home:
That's right folks!! The Oscar Meyer Weinee Mobile!! My Mom got to see it on her way back. How awesome lol. I only wish I had been there!! :)
So late last week I had my first professional interview! It didn't turn out like I thought, but at least it may have opened up other options for me!
![]() |
| Looking all grown up for my interview :) |
Michael was off the day I had the interview, so afterwards he took me out to dinner to de-stress :)
We went to a place called the "Park Tavern", which is right on the edge of Piedmont Park in downtown Atlanta!! It was so amazing to get to relax outside and enjoy the scenery, then take a walk in the park afterwards!!
| There is Piedmont Park in the background!! |
| Michael, looking cute :) |
| Me and my Husband :) |
| Bang Bang shrimp!! Better than the one at Bonefish!! |
| Yummmmm! |
| View of the restaurant at night from the park |
| Atlanta! |
We had so much fun that night hanging out by the park :) My husband did a great job planning that evening!!
So in other news, we got new porch furniture to go on our balcony!! My Mom also helped us pick this out while she was in town! Here are some pictures of us enjoying the furniture and eating dinner on the balcony!
![]() |
| Our "inaugural dinner" on the balcony- Chipotle burritos yumm! |
| Thumbs up!! And yay for Coca Cola haha |
| Our various beautiful views from the balcony :) |
| Fall decorations!! |
| Enjoying "Braised Balsamic Chicken" on our balcony last night :) |
The weather is steadily getting cooler up here!! It is still in the 90's during the day but in the mornings and evenings it is very enjoyable!! You all should come visit :)
In Spiritual News
Saturday all day I was at a Women's Conference led by Lysa Teurkerst, who is an amazing speaker and woman of God. I learned so much about fear, the Holy Spirit, and saying 'Yes' to God no matter what!
Michael and I both tried out Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) Monday evening, and we both enjoyed it very much. As of right now we are on a wait list of about 100 people each to get placed in a class, but all the people got on the wait list at the same time so we will see how that goes! BSF runs completely off of volunteers and donations and has done so for 50 years now!!
Tuesday evening I also tried out the Women's bible study at church. There are several different types but I chose to go to the one based off of Lysa's book, "Becoming More Than Just a Good Bible Study Girl". This is what the conference was based on! Life is so much more important than "checking things off your Christian to-do list"...you are to bring glory to God and trust him with everything!!
I'm not sure if I will be able to do both bible studies so I'm waiting on the Holy Spirit's guidance...I'm actually waiting for alot of things!! Bible studies, volunteering, jobs etc....we will see what happens. It is so exciting to know that God has plenty of interesting and challenging things in store for our lives!!
Alright everyone, I must go and prepare to leave town tomorrow. Michael is taking me to a Bed & Breakfast in the Tennessee mountains this weekend for my birthday!! We will spend tomorrow and Sunday exploring the Gatlinburg area, and all day Saturday in Knoxville for the Gator game...they better win just because it's my birthday!!! LOL
More updates soon, especially since I will have lots of beautiful mountain pictures! Love ya'll!




No comments:
Post a Comment