This past weekend, I organized a surprise for my wonderful brother Jordan! He knew that Michael and I were coming into town and that one of his best friends, Adam, would also be in town from Seattle, but he had no idea there was a big party planned!!
We spent the night Thursday with Michael's grandparents in Valdosta before heading to Jacksonville on Friday. We got to have lunch with our friend Josh at Moe's, which was fun!! Then we headed to the house, where Mom and I made Jordan's "Halo Cake" while Randy and Michael put together halo figurines for cake toppers! They were having a little too much fun playing with the figurines...
On Saturday there was a family party at La Nopalera, which is Orange Park's famous Mexican restaurant! Here are some pictures from lunch....
 |
| Jordan, Sarah & Adam, Power Rangers forever!! |
 |
| I think Dad wants some of that yummy cake!! |
 |
| Jordan and Mom |
After lunch, Michael and Adam distracted Jordan by going to "see his new store". Jordan recently began working at Tires Plus, which is the same company Michael works for. It was easy to pull off this distraction because Michael can talk to anyone, and once they arrived at Jordan's store Michael struck up a conversation with the manager. He proceeded to show him all around the store and tell him all about their profit numbers and such haha!
In the meantime, all of Jordan's friends arrived at his apartment to help decorate for the surprise!
 |
| Tiffany & Chris |
 |
| Danielle & Chris |
 |
| What do you mean we have to hide? I'm gonna sit here like this and say "Surprise!!" |
 |
| Chris was doing most of our streamer-hanging because of his tall height! |
 |
| Me proudly displaying the "Halo Cake" |
 |
| Charlie, constructing a giant Mountain Dew tower! |
Michael texted me throughout their adventure to keep us informed on their location. As they pulled into the apartment complex, we all got into our surprise positions!!
 |
| Surprise!! |
 |
| Crossing the finish line of childhood lol |
 |
| Blowing out the candles on his 2nd cake of the day! |
After Jordan opened his cards and blew out the candles, it was time for us to watch a DVD that I had made for him of his life up until now! It is amazing but rather long at 11 minutes. I think he liked it :)
We then gathered for some "formal" pictures of friends and family!
 |
| The group |
 |
| Randy, Mom, Jordan, Dad and Mary! |
After some fun time and horsing around, we finally decided to leave for Adventure Landing! We rode go-karts twice, dominated laser tag, and played arcades until we practically couldn't stand up any longer and we were HUNGRY!
 |
| Serious Power Ranger action here |
 |
Nice sunglasses!
(I stole them from Tiffany for this picture haha!) |
 |
| Go-Karts!!! |
 |
| Deep down, we all want a red car like Jordan.... |
 |
| Action shot!! |
After we left Adventure Landing, we went back to Jordan's apartment for pizza and snacks!! Then it was off to Dairy Queen, which is a "Long" family pasttime...
 |
| Serious about eating some ice cream!! |
 |
| Me & Jordan :) |
 |
| Yummy yummy! lol |
After the DQ run we went back to Jordan's apartment to play some video games. The boys forced Danielle & I to play Halo, so of course we attempted to play and got killed many times but it was still fun! Chris told us that "he was impressed we were even able to walk around on the map" LOL thanks alot! :)
After a totally fun-filled surprise birthday party, we were all exhausted!
The next day, our family (plus Danielle & Chris!) went to church. Afterwards, Randy & Mom went to go get food to cook out while Michael & I packed our things. Dani came over and brought Bella, which of course was fun because she is quite entertaining!
 |
| Mom teaching Bella "patty cake" |
 |
| Bella won't smile for pictures, but if you put the camera out to take a picture of you with her, she is ready! It's like she knows that's what us girls are supposed to do! LOL |
 |
| Jordan with Bella, before she throws a fit! |
We had Randy's "famous" sausage, cheeseburgers with all the toppings and chips, and even had ice cream afterwards! We were stuffed :)
After all this craziness and our whirlwind 3 day weekend, Michael & I were headed back to Atlanta. Sadness! To everyone who came to Jordan's birthday surprise I want to extend a big "THANK YOU!" for making the day so special for him!
And thank you to my family for helping me make it possible :) I miss you and love you all!!
No comments:
Post a Comment